The 6 Week
Rock, Pop & Motown
Bass Line Creation Course
Learn how to create & construct your own Rock, Pop & Motown bass lines ... even if you don't know how to improvise or understand musical theory... in less than 6 weeks!
LIFE TIME ACCESS TO
Rock, Pop & Motown Bass Line Creation Course
Rookies, Intermediate & Beyond
Course Start Date
Do you love the bass lines of players like James Jamerson, Paul McCartney, Duck Dunn, Geddy Lee or Pino Pallidino... but wonder how on earth they create those amazing bass lines?
Was it when you heard one of these bass lines you decided bass was the instrument for you?
It can often seem like they are pulling bass runs, fills and walk ups out of thin air... especially when on stage performing in front of thousands of fans.
However, the reality is there are simple ideas that all these incredible bass players have used when they are constructing or improvising bass parts.
... some might call these ideas and concepts the 'creative spark'.
These bass parts are the thing that make the difference to the band, drive the feel of the music, create a deeper resonance and make people want to get up and dance!
So if you've ever wondered any of the following questions...
- How do I know if I should be creating bass lines in a major or minor key?
- How do I eliminate repetition?
- How do I become better at feeling the groove?
- When should I use scales, chord tones, pentatonics, modes, chromatics, riffs?
- How do I work out what to play when?
...please read on!
The Rock, Pop & Motown Bass Line Creation Course is a 6 week Bass Line Creation Course that teaches the fundamentals of how to create and improvise world class bass lines. In each workshop, James teaches one of his easy to understand 'Bass Line Creators' like 'The Two Note Transition'.
Bass Line Creators allow you breakdown learning the bass into simple modular frameworks and systems.
During the 6 modules you will learn a library of real world, bass line creation techniques that you can apply to many modern styles of music and in many musical situations.... like gigs, jams, worship teams and concerts.
Over the course of 6 weeks your learn how to be the glue that holds the band together and drives a song forward...
"I wanted to say thank you. I have spent money and time on many other sites, books, videos etc...and nothing compares to eBassGuitar. You make learning fun and easy. I am excited to be a part of the family.". - Shayne Miller (Indiana, USA)
This is for you if you...
If you want to learn more about any of the following this course is perfect for you...
- Have a basic understanding of the bass guitar but lack the skills to create & improvise your own bass lines
- Often feel stuck in a rut when you have to play anything more than root notes
- If you want to gain a more in depth understanding of 'what to play when'.
- Want to gain more fingerboard knowledge and gain fretboard confidence.
- Want to learn more about music theory and 'WHY' certain lines work in certain situations
- Want to gain a deeper understanding of the groove and the note choices you have available in the Rock, Pop & Motown genres.
... and finally want ideas broken down into simple, digestible systems that achieve results quickly.
If this sounds like you .... then read on!
The Rock, Pop & Motown Bass Line Creation Course is a 6 module online course that teaches you the foundation of creating, constructing & improvising your own bass lines
Each week builds on the last and gives step-by-step tuition using James's unique, tried and tested 'bass line creation frameworks... like the 'Two Note Transition'
We start simple and move slowly and methodically through all the basics you need to know. (You won't get left behind!)
In a few weeks' time, you will have an arsenal of 'Bass Line Builders' and a deeper understanding of music styles, fills, grooves, what to play when and walk ups and walk downs.
The goal of this course is to give the skills and creative spark to enable to you to feel comfortable performing with other musicians, in your worship team, at your local jam session or at a gig.
Fundamentally you will feel like you can 'hold you own' and 'play your part in the band' when it comes to taking care of business down the 'low end'!
This is NOT for you if you...
If all of these apply please do not take the course
- Can already create and improvise bass lines in a wide variety of styles
- Understand the music theory behind why certain note choices work
- Can already move around the neck with speed, accuracy and precision
- Can already play bass lines that are well balanced between grooves, passing notes and fills
- Already feel confident getting up on stage and being a part of the rhythm section
Course Overview - Find Out What You Can Learn In Less Than 6 Weeks!
By the end of the 6 module Rock, Pop, Motown Bass Line Creation Course you will:
- Learn how to create your own bass lines... even if you don't know how to improvise or understand music theory
- Discover the tricks of the trade used by players such as James Jamerson, Paul McCartney Duck Dunn & Pino Pallidino
- Get comfortable improvising you own bass lines on the fly
- Improve your knowledge of technique, harmony & musical theory
- Understand the construction of 6 core grooves & learn 6 of James' core 'Bass Line Builders'.
- Gain the confidence & desire to push your bass playing on to the next level - I will help you light the bass playing fire!
Walking Rock Fundamentals
The Soul Builder
What students said about the recent eBassGuitar courses:
"Logical & Well Prepared"
"Just a short note of praise for this course from ebassguitar.com
This course really helped me achieve a greater awareness for how to play bass on many different styles and types of blues progressions.
James lays it all out in a logical, well-prepared format that can help even an experienced player to play blues progressions more efficiently and with more variety.
Don't think twice, get on board!"
"These courses leave you wanting MORE...and MORE...."
"This course, is a very well thought out course. It doesn't blister out of the gates and leave the beginners in the dust. In fact, I found that even though I had some experience in the 12 bar blues, I learned things right away that I had no idea about. The fingering and explanations are always easy to grasp, the "less is more" approach totally eases your mind when you think you're gonna be in over your head.
I HIGHLY recommend these courses - for beginners to intermediates for sure.....these courses leave you wanting MORE...and MORE....
Keep Jammin James! - Thanks, pal!!"
Try It Out 100% Risk-FREE for 30 DAYS!
In the unlikely situation you find the RPM Bass Line Creation Course is not for you, just email me, within 30 days and you'll received a no questions asked refund... that's how we roll at eBassGuitar :-)
"Without any fear of making a fool of myself"
"This course has given me the knowledge and confidence that is necessary to lick out using the pentatonic scale over a dominant seventh chord. Now, I can play at the Tuesday night blues jam at the Bucket of Blood without any fear of making a fool of myself".
"Explanations were clear and easy to follow"
I approached this series as someone who has played blues both as a drummer for 40+ years and as a relatively new bassist. I was familiar with the basic patterns but clearly lacking in technique and knowledge of how to use patterns and make a good flow – like those true Blues Master do.
As with all of James’ materials, the lessons were well laid-out and thoughtful. Explanations were clear and easy to follow, even for someone as dense as me! The tab sheets and backing tracks made it easy to continue work on the lessons and hone my skills.
I believe this series will give anyone a clearer insight as to how to develop their blues-playing skills and be competent at playing – whether it be for developing new and interesting bass lines, or just jamming with friends.
"Thanks to this course now I feel comfortable and confident"
“This course has taken my playing to another level. Thanks to this course now I feel comfortable and confident when playing or improvising on any Blues based melody. James has an amazing, fun and effective way of teaching; and both videos and exercises really help you to reach your goal. Thanks James!!!”
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions:
Who Is The Rock Pop & Motown Bass Line Creation For?
The Rock, Pop & Motown Bass Line Creation Course is for bass players who wish to understand more about how to create their own bass lines. Ideally you will already have a basic understanding of how the bass guitar works. This course will then open up the fingerboard and teach more about what to play when.
Do I Need To Show Up Every Week At A Set Time?
No is the quick answer to that!
This a course that is designed to be taken over 6 weeks. The simple reality is you can log in when ever you want and where ever you want and take the course at your own pace.
When Does The Program Begin?
The course is ready and waiting to go in the member's area... you can get started in the next 5 minutes.
Do I Get To Keep The Course For Ever?
Yes, Yes, Yes!
Once you've signed up you will have life time access to all the resources in the Rookie Blues Bass Intensive.
eBassGuitar Equipment & Sponsors
The are two options to purchase the course...
Limited Time Discount - Save $50
Buy The Course
LIFE TIME ACCESS
Rock, Pop & Motown Bass Line Creation Course
One Time Payment
Your Rock, Pop & Motown Bass Line Creation Course:
- Over 5 Hours Of Laser Focused Step By Step Lessons
- 30+ Video Lessons
- 6 Full Modules Of Laser Focus Video Lessons
- Download PDFs, Sheet Music & Tab
- Custom Made Backing Tracks At A Variety Of Tempos
- Life Time Access To The Course
Buy The Course As Part Of A Bass Lab PLUS Membership
Ultimate Rock, Pop & Motown Bundle
$99 / Year
Enter your text here...
Your Bass Lab Plus Membership:
- Rock Pop Motown Creation Bass Line Course
- 30 day Killer Rock Bass Action Plan ($99)
- 30 day Killer Technique Action Plan ($59)
- Absolute Beginners Bass Course ($129)
- Backing Track Vault ($99)
- Essential Technique Course ($99)
- Essential Walking Bass Course ($129)
- Live Master Classes ($199)
- Rhythmn and Notation Foundation Course ($59)
- Riff Masters Bass Course ($59)
- Rookie Blues Bass Intensive ($129)
- The Modes Mastery Course ($59)
- Ultimate Music Theory Boot Camp ($129)